Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sea World

The boys were out of school on Thursday and Friday, so we made our first vaca as a family of 6 to visit Shamu!  Molly did amazingly well on the 5 hour car ride!  She never ceases to amaze me with how go with the flow and easy to entertain she is.  A long nap and a couple of movies, and we were there in no time.  
The one thing that  did set her off was when we walked through the door of our hotel room for the first time.  She lost it!  And not just her usual cry, but a scared scream of a cry.  The same cry that she had from day 1 when we would go to the hotel in China.  It obviously triggers a bad memory or reminds her of something before we got her, and this kills me.  It's like a stab in the heart to me, because it reminds me that I don't know every single thing about her from the beginning, even when it feels like I do.  Maybe it reminds her of her orphanage, or something else, I'm not sure, I just would give anything to know what was running through her mind at that time.  I held her and the boys worked really hard to make her laugh, and she was soon running around being silly with them.  It only happened the first time, so maybe we've replaced the bad memories with good family ones!

She had fun with the whipped cream for the hot chocolate!  Walked in and found her like this.

G  loved the shamu express!  He really wanted to join the older boys on the Steel Eel!!


this girl is a climber!  Wanted to see how far she would make it on her own, and she almost made it to the top before she started getting me nervous and I had to get her down.  She wasn't happy with me!
G showing her how the water park is done.  Once she figured it out, she was soaking wet and loving every second!

Here comes Shamu!!!  She LOVED the shows!  Stood like this most of the time with her arms either around Jon or me patting our backs....Sweetness!!

my daredevil boys!  It wasn't crowded so they rode the biggest rides there over and over.  They loved every second!  

My fav part of sea world is feeding the dolphins.  They come so close and wait for you to give them a snack.  They even let you pet them!  Molly waved to them the whole time and Gage told one of them, " I like your eye"..lol


Molly and "Gigwet"


playing football with her brothers

SMORES!!!  

Molly Approved! :)


We stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country and they had so many activities for the kids!   Highly recommend it if you're going to San Antonio with kids. We had so much fun and hope to go back soon!  




4 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I am so with you, I'd give nothing to know what goes on in those little minds!! So glad sweet Molly had a great time!

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

love love seaworld! my girl has those same jeweled flip flops, those shoes are so precious! So sorry about the hotel trauma,like you said those good memories from this trip will hopefully replace the other.

jennifer said...

This Is so cute. Looks like you had a great time. I catch Gracie in moments when she seems to be very far away. I wish I knew what she was thinking about. :(

Melissa said...

Sounds and looks like a great first vacation as a family of 6! Poor baby girl with that crying at the hotel...definitely makes you wonder?! But it seems like she was back to herself in no time with her amazing family there to cheer her up!!