Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Molly Marie - 16 months!


How exciting to wake up to this sweet smile this morning!!  I'm so happy to see her smiling!!!  I only have one other  picture of her smiling, and that was when she had a mouth full of cake at her birthday party!   And look, she's even getting her shoes on because she knows her mama's coming to get her in 15 days!!!! :)


Reed was sitting here with me when I opened these, and he said " I like the smiling one the best, but is that a boy coat she's wearing??"  Only 15 more days and she will be the best dressed little girl in China! :) I've got her outfits, bows, flowers, and shoes all layed out and ready to be worn!   


We booked our flights and we leave on Dec 15th!!  We leave in 11 days!!  Whew....I've got A LOT of packing to do.  Anybody that knows me, knows I'm the world's worst procrastinator when it comes to packing!  I usually will throw things in at the last minute, but don't think that'll fly this time.  Let the packing begin today!

We're going to Beijing from the 15th-18th which is in the northern most part of China, so COLD!!!  That's where we'll walk up the Great Wall!  Then on the 18th, we'll fly to Guangzhou(Southern china), which is where Molly is.   The weather here will be in the 60's and 70's....that's more my speed!  Gotcha Day is on Monday, the 19th!!!!    We'll have her in our arms Monday there, but Sunday night here.  My heart starts beating fast just thinking about that day:)  The lady who volunteers at her orphanage invited us to attend her church on Christmas day!  I'm so happy we'll be able to celebrate the birth of Jesus with Molly this year!  Our consulate appointment in on the 29th, which is when she'll become an official US citizen!   We'll take a train to Hong Kong on the 30th, and then we'll fly out of Hong  Kong back home on the 31st!  We should arrive back home at 3:30pm.  I hope there's nobody in between us and the kids, because they'll be bulldozed as we run for the boys!!  Oh, how we're going to miss them!! 


The boys will stay with my parents while we're gone.  We're so sad to be away from them during Christmas, but they seem to be ok with it, which has made it so much easier on me.  Also, Nana, Pa, and Aunt Julie have something special planned for them during this time, so who knows,...they may not miss us a bit!  


This little face is worth the trip though!  I'm counting down the days until she's in our arms!! Molly Marie Coco, I pray that God is preparing your heart for this transition, into a family who loves you more than you know, and a lifetime full of love, affection, and kisses...


Isaiah 43:5-6, "Do not be afraid for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, 'give them up!' and to the south, 'do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth."

4 comments:

Martha said...

SO exciting. When we walked The Great Wall it has snowed and was very slippery and the steps are steep wear some good walking shoes! What a wonderful Christmas gift! So sorry you have to be separated from your boys this Christmas, but so glad she will be in your arms this Christmas...AWESOME! God IS good!

Jodi said...

ohhhhh my goodness!!! I am just giddy! I know you will miss your boys something aweful - feel free to email me if you want to whine! I've been there (not over christmas - but very homesick! - wished I had someone to whine too.) Love you!!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations!! We were in China for Christmas in '07....it was hard being away from my 3 boys also. But so many memories and glad to finally have our daughter home. Best wishes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Molly is adorable!! Best wishes on your journey there and back! The wait is almost over !
love,
Holly in South Bend