Saturday, December 10, 2011

Early Christmas..

Christmas celebration was a little early this year!  Santa will still come on Christmas, but we did open all of the gifts from us this morning.  Since we're leaving Thursday, we wanted to give them a chance to play with everything before we(and they) leave!  My awesome and very brave parents and sister are going to take them to the beach and to disney world while we are gone!  This has made my mommy guilt for being gone on Christmas a little less:)    This was the last gift they opened, and I think they were half shocked, half excited!   A little overwhelming with everything going on, I think!...but in a good way!


I always let them open one gift on Christmas Eve, so it was no different this year!  Gage got his favorite gift of all, "ducky Mo Mo"!  It's a big ride on duck that he played with when I was in kid to kid a few weeks ago, and was so sad when we left without it.  That's the last thing I wanted or needed in our house was a big yellow duck, but that's all he has talked about since he left him at the store, so needless to say, ducky was a hit...with all the boys!





This morning they opened the rest of their gifts.  The boys have been begging for an itouch, so they both got one, and have not looked up from them all day!  I know my parents will be glad they have them in the car on their road trip!


Getting ready to tear in...





Reed asked for a big bear that came up to his chest... 


I think he got it!



my little flute player...


He was pretty good!  He would go up each note...


...and then belt out the last one...lol!  He made this face everytime he got to the last note:)


And last but not least!..



Of course Ben had to jump on too!



Just say no to text and driving, Reed!


Gage insisted on taking his BFF for a ride.  Roux wasn't as excited about it as G was.


This lasted all of 30 seconds, and then Roux was outta there!


We had a great early Christmas!  I'm going to miss these boys SOOOOO much!!!  As sad as I am about leaving my babies, I'm more excited about bringing our baby girl home!!  8 more days til Molly Day!!!!


This song makes me think of sweet Molly.  Thank God she'll be with her mommy and daddy for Christmas this year!
http://youtu.be/h9UtRkMtOvE

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun early Christmas!!

I just saw your comment over on my blog about the cleft bottle. I didnot order a cleft bottle. I asked someone who had gone the year before to get their cleft son, and she said they took a regular bottle and clipped the nipple with scissors to make it flow easier.I think though, Jolie had probably used a regular cup as well, but an almost 2 year old with an opened ended cup scares me! LOL I also found out that the nuk bottles are recommended for cleft kids....when I got back home we got a nuk bottle with the fast flow nipple and did not even have to clip the end. It worked well for us and she took it without any problems...after cleft surgery, she didn't want that bottle anymore so it was an easy transition to the cup, but she still does not like the cups with the no leak valves so we take those out. She can now drink from a straw and that is awesome...

In CHina, we bought lots of flavored liquid yogurt and gave her that because she didn't like the plain milk served at breakfast, and the formula we brought and then bought there was not a hit either. ..but the drinkable yogurt was.

Hope these tips help...sorry it took me so long to respond...happy travels...can't wait to see your posts as a forever family

jennifer said...

Awww...I'm so glad you were able to do this with them! I don't think they're going to miss you one bit if it means they get 2 Christmas's AND Disney!!! I can't belive there's just a couple of days until you're GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

Awww...I'm so glad you were able to do this with them! I don't think they're going to miss you one bit if it means they get 2 Christmas's AND Disney!!! I can't belive there's just a couple of days until you're GOING TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Sims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Sims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Sims said...

I'm so excited for you and your family! I work with your mother and have been getting updates regularly. I am praying that all goes well on your trip and that Molly will have an easy transition to the US and with her new family. God bless you and your family for the sacrifices you are making for Molly. -Sharon Sims