Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 3 with Molly

Well, Day 3 was not the magic day for us....was her roughest day so far.  It may be partly due to the fact that we were gone all day and didn't get back to the hotel until 4pm.  We had her medical exam first thing this morning and then passport appointment was at 3:30, and we shopped with our group and guide in between.  She only got a 20 minute nap, which is probably the shortest nap she's ever had.  I think she was totally exhausted today....from everything!  We have a free day tomorrow, so we're planning on staying in our room and just taking it easy.  
She had little crying moments throughout the day, but it was the worst when we got back to the hotel.  She cried nonstop for aiya (aunite) and mama...and unfortunately not this mama!:(   I know it takes time for her to heal and bond with us, but it's so hard watching her grieve.  On a positive note, she woke without crying for the first time this am....baby steps.  I also saw small glimpses of her personality coming out too.  A few more smiles for me, but poor Jon has taken a few steps back.  She's getting closer to me and more upset with him.  It's killing him because he loves her so much and is trying so hard.  We know it takes time, just hard because we want her to trust and love us.  In a way, we're relieved to see her cry because we know she was able to attach emotionally to somebody there, and the same thing will happen with us.  I know we will look back at these first couple of months and see a totally different child than who she really is. Once we see her true personality, we'll realize how so very scared and sad she was. It's amazing what a family and love can do to a child.
My favorite part of the day with her has been at her bedtime.  She lays on my chest and stares at me until  she falls asleep.  I LOVE this time with her. 


















5 comments:

Angie said...

Ohhhh.....I'm sorry the three of you are going thru this. I'm sure this is normal and the agency prepared you, but I know it hurts. Stay strong and hold on to God....he has brought you there and he won't leave you!

Jodi said...

praying for y'all!! This is such a hard time - but yes, you will be amazed in a few months of who she will grow to trust y'all! The good part is that she loved her ayi and she knows how to love! This is very important and a wonderful sign! I known you've known in your mind of all the grieving - it's just so hard to be in the middle of it! praying for y'all! Love ya!

Teresa M. said...

Congrats on little Molly! (I'm finding, like you, that after 3 boys, girls are SO much fun!) She will be so happy to have 3 big brothers (I'm amazed at how loving my boys are with our little girl! So, so sweet!). Lots to look forward to for 2012!!! Enjoy China!

Debbie said...

Hang in there....your are all doing great! You know its going to get better....just think off how wonderful it will be to go home and have all those boys with your Molly, its going to be FANTASTIC!! I love how your dressing Molly...cute, cute, cute!

jennifer said...

I am so sorry it was a rough day. I remember hoping day 3 would be a magic day for us too...it wasn't. You are right, the transformation that will take place before you even get home will be amazing! I am praying for you all.

She looks absolutely adorable!! I'm loving all of her clothes and flowers!!!