Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Molly Marie Coco!

Making Molly's Dirty Cake!....Sorry Molly, that's what happens when you have brothers choose for you!

We tried to make it as girly as we could..;)


We can't wait to celebrate again when you come home!

I haven't officially announced our daughter's name on my blog yet, because I was saving that for the day we received our LSC, but I don't want to wait anymore!  In a way, I think I didn't want to  because it's a way of protecting myself in case something happened and we didn't get approved.  It's just too hard to keep blogging about her and not using her name!  Jon and I aren't always in sync when it comes to naming our kids, and we both have always really like the name Molly. As for Marie, Jon was so close with her grandmother, Marie, and he promised her before she died, if we ever had a daughter, she would be named after her.  So Molly Marie is our little girl's name and we couldn't be happier!   She just looks like a Molly Marie, too!  

Here are a few things I know about her that I received with her referral.  They found her on August 16th,  in a yellow infant suit, wrapped in a pure yellow towel.  According to her physical growth and umbilical part, her DOB was decided as August 6, 2010. I don't know where they found her, but I can't help but think of her mother, who made the hardest decision of her life, to give up a part of herself, her own daughter.  Of course, I don't know her reasons or background, but I know it had to have been a such a brutal choice.   The fact that she was with her for 10 days, before she gave her up, breaks my heart!  I am forever grateful to her birth mother for choosing to give her life, hoping that she would be adopted into a family that could give her a better life.   I pray that God gives her the peace that only He can give, in knowing that she will be with a family that loves her SO much it hurts!  Adoption is such a "God thing" because there's really no other way to explain the strong feelings and love you can have for somebody that you've never met!  I think back to last August, and how our hearts were being stirred to the idea of adoption, and I truly believe that when she was born, he was planting the seed with us.  Putting people in our lives who had adopted, or were adopted themselves, and softening our hearts for what He feels so strongly about.  He knew from the beginning that Miss Molly would be our daughter, we just had to listen.  I can look at her sweet face, and know, without a doubt, that she is meant to be a part of our family.  She just fits...I can't explain it.

At 8 months old, she was a deep sleeper(will fit right in!), fond of music, and had a ready smile and laughs aloud.  In the pictures I've gotten, she has  very curious, and serious look on her face.  She looks observant and like she's just taking everything in...  Signs of a very smart girl!;)

So, we may have missed your 1 year birthday, sweet girl, but we will make it up to you in the years to come.....I promise!!  Your family loves you more than you know, and we are praying that you're with us soon! 


...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs 24:12

3 comments:

Martha C. Ryan said...

Happy birthday, little Miss Molly Marie! We already love you and can't wait to love on you! That's some birthday cake your brothers made for you!
Nana and Pa

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Molly Marie!! So true...this will be the only birthday she sees without a loving family around her to celebrate! I am so anxious for you to get that sweet baby home!!!

Love the cake too!! Life with brothers is awesome!!!

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Molly Marie!! So true...this will be the only birthday she sees without a loving family around her to celebrate! I am so anxious for you to get that sweet baby home!!!

Love the cake too!! Life with brothers is awesome!!!