Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I800A APPROVAL!!!!!!!

Woohoooo!!!  I've been waiting and checking the mail like a crazy person expecting  it to come!  I had been told it would probably come last week when we were gone...of course..but it didn't!  I started to get a little nervous and called our case manager to see if she knew why it hadn't come. She said it had been mailed June 30th and it was July 11th!!  Before I had time to really freak out, I checked the mail and there it was!  This is immigration saying we are approved to adopt from China.  It's a huge deal because now we can officially send in our dossier to China(DTC)!  From what I'm told, it could take anywhere from  3-5 months before we travel to China from our LID(log in date)!  I'm thinking it'll be anywhere from November-February.  I know...huge window, but I'm shooting for November!!


We brought our nephew, Luke, back with us this week and the kids have had so much fun!  I love that they're so close with their cousin. We've stayed busy with the only thing you can do in Texas heat...SWIM!!  It is HOT, HOT, HOT!!  Luckily we have friends with pools!! Jon set up the zipline in our backyard tonight and the kids can't get enough!  We've been talking about getting one since we moved in, so this should keep them entertained for a while!



2 comments:

Martha C. Ryan said...

Love the expression on each grand's face as they zip along!!

jennifer said...

Whoo Hoo! One step closer! I know you will be happy when that dossier hits Chinese soil!! Looks like you're having a great summer!