Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm Back!

Whew!  We are finally settled in the new house and had our internet hooked up yesterday....Finally!!  I didn't realize how dependent I was on my computer and internet, until I didn't have it!  A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks that I wanted to blog about, and didn't have a way...so I'm excited to finally post!


I'll start with the most exciting news first....We got matched with a little girl and have received our PA!!!!   Our Pre-approval from China basically says they agree to view our dossier when it gets to them so we can officially be matched with this sweet little girl!  I'm dying to post a picture and give more information, but our agency wants us to wait on that until they approve our dossier and we get our official letter of acceptance(LOA)...so I'll wait!  I will say, she is the most precious little 10 month old baby girl we've ever seen!  In my last post, I said the agency had given us a heads up that there was a new list of children coming out and our agency was going to be looking for us.  Didn't think too much about it since we haven't even gotten our dossier to China yet.  Jonathan was traveling and on a plane at the time that I got the call at 10:00 pm to let us know that they had found a little girl for us!  Needless to say, I was freaking out and desperately wanting to get in touch with Jonathan.  When he finally landed and called me, he looked at her picture and her information and we both fell immediately in love!  They give you 72 hours to accept or not, so we turned in our Letter Of Intent right away. It's crazy how we've never even met her and can feel such love for this little girl!   It's so incredibly obvious to see God's hands all over this, because she is so perfect for our family, and we are all madly in love with her.....already!!  Geesh!...I can only imagine how it's going to be once she's here!   Jon, the kids, and I pray for her every night that she will feel protected, loved, and safe until we can get to her.  It's so much harder waiting and wondering what she's doing every second of the day now that we know exactly who she is, and have seen that sweet little face of hers.  I'm really dying to post a picture and give more information about her, but until I can, I'll give a sneak peek of the cutest little hands EVER!!:)


Onto other good news, we are finally settled in our house and loving it!!  Maybe we truly are country people at heart, because we couldn't be happier out here.  It's a takes about 10 minutes to get back to town, but we are loving everything about living here!  The boys have been fishing, biking, catching lightning bugs, shooting targets with their new bb guns, and just playing outside more!  Even Jon and I have been outside a lot more grilling, laying in the hammock, and just enjoying nature and the peacefulness!  We put the kids down early last night and enjoyed our date night on the patio listening to music and catching up....ahhhh..greatness..  And we didn't even have to pay for a babysitter!
 The boys went to a Melissa basketball camp last week, and Ben will go to a football camp here this week, and then both boys will go to a VBS in our neighborhood the next week.  They've already met a few friends from the camps, and at least will see familiar faces when they start school!  
I have lots of pics from the end of school and the beginning of summer, so here are just a few....

Gage's awesome teachers....Mrs. Kathy

..and Mrs. Teena


Reed's kinder graduation

We love Reed's teacher, Mrs. Kelley

swim party with his friends

having a picnic in our new backyard with the Dewitt boys!









new bb guns!


lake with the Gibbs




new friends moving to our neighborhood  from mckinney this summer!

eating smores

the boys computer/hideout room :)
even the dogs love it here!

Sorry...I couldn't resist! ;)

I'll post some pics of the house after I get everything up and hung!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Sounds like life is GREAT!! I'm so happy for you and so excited about your sweet girl!!

Your yard looks amazing! Now you get to decorate a little girls' room! Whoo Hoo!!!

LAURIE said...

I am so happy for you Jen, it really does sound like God has been so good to you guys!!!! Enjoy the new home and I cant wait to hear more about your new addition!!!

Laurie