Our Journey to Molly

Loading...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fingerprints!

Yay!  We received our fingerprint appointments in the mail!!.... June 3!  I'm so excited because it means we're almost to the end of this paper chase!  I'm using "almost" very loosely because it could be a couple of months before we get our I800 approval, but I do feel like we're moving..:)  After we get the approval, we can turn in our dossier and get logged in!  After that we wait for a picture of our little girl!


We had a short but fun weekend with Pa, Nana, and my nephew, Luke this weekend.  Time always flies when they're visisting.  Can't wait to see them again when we go to the beach this summer!

We have a busy week ahead of us.  Jon is traveling to The Woodlands, close to Houston, for his Ironman this weekend.  That's a 2.4 mile swim in a lake, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run!  Yes, he is absolutely CRAZY!!  This will be his second one, and I have to say that although I think he's nuts for doing it, and I get frustrated sometimes with the amount of time he has to put into training, he is so dedicated and committed to what has to be put into completing it, and I am so proud of him!  He gets up at 4 or 5am everyday to either bike, run, swim or all three, so that it doesn't interfere too much with our day.  He goes in the rain, cold, snow......whatever the conditions, so that he doesn't miss a day.  Jon has always been the kind of person that gives his ALL  to whatever he's doing,.... work, family, triathlons,....so I know he will do great...injuries and all.  He's going on Thursday and the kids and I are going to see my friend, Shelley, in College Station on Fri night, and then the older boys and I will go and meet him for the race.  Thank goodness for awesome friends..... Shelley is going to watch Gage for me during the race, so we can focus on looking for Jon and not trying to keep track of little man!  I'm just praying for a healthy and non- injured husband after this is all said and done, and hopefully he will have had enough of IM's for a VERY LONG TIME!! :)

Ben's 3rd grade class put on a tea on Wednesday and each student was able to invite someone and he invited me..:)   It was so sweet and he was so excited for the day!  He told me to bring kleenex, so I knew there were sure to be a few tears!  It doesn't take a lot to make me cry, ESP when it comes to my kids!  Ben's teacher and the students did such a good job putting it together and making it special!  I loved spending this time with my big boy!  
Reading a poem he had written for me....and so the tears began...;)

He brought me a flower after the poem....It was all so sweet!


Only 2 more Mondays til Summers!!!!! :)))








2 comments:

Martha C. Ryan said...

We had fun, too! It was great spending time with all of you! We're looking forward to seeing ya'll this summer~
Love you..
Mom

Debbie said...

Hi Jennifer. Glad things are moving for you :-)
And do they have an "Iron Woman" in the US....I think you should enter!! Mind you, us adoptive mums do have an enormous amount of strength and courage! Ben is a handsome little devil! Dx