Friday, March 11, 2011

An Early Spring Break


My sister and nephew, "Aunt Juwee and Wuke", as Gage says, came in from Baton Rouge for their Mardi Gras break this week.  Our Spring Break isn't until next week, so I feel like we're having an extra long break with them here.  The kids have had a blast with Luke, even though they still have to go to school, and I've had a great time running around shopping with Julie.  I am a bargain shopper, garage saler, digger type, that loves to find a treasure at a great price, and my bargain hunting ways have rubbed off on my sister.  Every time she comes in town now, she wants to hit all the Good Will stores in the area and garage sales.  She says she never finds the stuff I seem to find, but I tell her it's a learned art..hehe.  We hit a few Good Will stores this week and this is what I found! 
$20....been looking for one of these and I like this one best of any I've seen!
$4.00
We took the boys to a Texas Legends basketball game and had center court seats on the 5th row, and we had a blast!  They loved sitting so close to all of the action.  I'm used to watching 5 and 8 year olds play, so we were all in awe watching their fast moves!
It's hard to seee but that's Ben to the right of the mascot dancing up front!
We also went to visit my BFF from high school, Krissy,  who lives in Plano.  We always say we'll be the little, crazy old ladies who end up in the nursing home together laughing all the time, making rolo cookies! My sister hadn't seen her cutie patootie baby, Raley yet, so we had a fun visit with them.
They brought us a king cake...YUMMO!!
The kids get out for early release tomorrow, so we are celebrating Gage's 3rd birthday at Amazing Jakes.  His real birthday isn't until Tuesday, but we want to celebrate while they are here.  All Gage wants for his birthday are a dora cake, Luke, Ben and Reed to be there, and candy for his present.  Oh, my little sweet- toothed boy...wonder where he gets that from!..;)
And you see where the red comes from..:)
I'm loving this extended Spring break!  As soon as Julie and Luke leave on Sunday, then my other BFF, Shelley,  and her 2 boys, are coming to visit for a few days!  They moved from Mckinney to College station about 5 years ago, and we were attached at the hip when she lived here.  She's one of those people that it doesn't matter how long we're apart, it's like we haven't skipped a beat when we get back together.  Can't wait!
Happy Friday!! :))

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Looks like you've been having a great time!

Gotta love those BFF's that you can pick up right where you left off!!

kristencm said...

Aawww so glad to see Juls and Jenny :)!LOL we will be in the home together making rolo cookies for everyone!! Love ya Krissy
Raley cant wait to meet miss Molly
Not sure about this posting stuff if; are you getting my messages Jenny???