Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sweet Reed!

It's hard to believe it's my middle baby's 6th birthday!  How time flies!!  His party was at a gymnastics place that pretty much let 20, 6- year old boys have free reign and run CRAZY for an hour and a half!  Turns out that it couldn't have been planned any better, considering we had all been cooped up for a week because of the ice.  The boys got all their energy out, to say the least.


Oh, and let's not forget the birthday cake!  Reed requested a "dirt cake" and he worked so hard all week making the star wars legos to put on top.   Jon....uhhuhhm..somebody dropped the cake on the way to the party and voila....this is what we ended up with....

Pretty, I know!  But Hey!...at least it tasted good!
                       

Make a wish, Reedy!
 
Reed is such a special boy.  He's my sensitive hearted child.  The one that will offer up his last piece of candy to his brothers if theirs is gone, or will offer his favorite toy to Gage just to keep him happy.  He's the one who will pick out what his own birthday present is based on what he thinks Ben will like to play with. He's the one who will come up and give me a hug and tell me he loves me out of the blue. He's the one who can light up any room with those huge dimples and a smile that goes from ear to ear.  He's the one who doesn't forget a thing, and will remind you years later when you think he has forgotten. He's the one who loves animals, and is always willing to refill our dog's water and food bowl, He's the one who will do anything to impress Ben, because he is by far the ultimate in coolness in his eyes, He's the one who loves every sport he's ever played, and practices outside for hours on end on his own,...just because he wants to, and yes, he's also my little fashionista.  Love, love, loves clothes!!  Well, that and shoes, pj's, accessories,soft blankets.....and yes, he definitely gets all of that straight from me!  We make great shopping partners, because he actually gets excited over a new shirt, unlike the other boys, who immediately toss it aside as soon as I give it to them(this includes the big boy)!  And the list goes on and on.... 
Don't worry...I'll do one of these for each of the kids on their birthday, so don't think I'm showing favorites!;)

His sweet smile....

                                                                I Love this kid!

On the weather front, ice has finally started to melt and life is back to normal with kids in school, but weather is not looking so good for later this week.  They're saying sleet/snow again!!  I can handle a little snow, but PLEASE NO ICE!   School. Must. Go. On...

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a lovely post. You have a handful there with 3 boys....but I'm kinda hoping my Gracie marries your Gage....she is strawberry blonde so I think they would look fab together!

Martha C. Ryan said...

I love this kid, too! Happy, happy birthday, my sweet Reedy! Can't wait to see you and your brothers this weekend!!

jennifer said...

I loved reading about your middle sweetie!! He sounds alot like my middle child (except he no longer cares what his brother thinks and doesn't care about clothes!!)

Happy Birthday Reed!!